Monday, October 17, 2011

My Coach Wins Boulder 12 Hour Run

My coach, David Clark, was the first male finisher in the Boulder 12-hour run yesterday. Officially, he ran 64.26 miles in 12 hours, but he made another loop that finished 2 minutes beyond the 12 hour limit, that is, he ran 71.4 miles in 12 hours and 2 minutes. Sheeeeeitttt! I'm impressed.

He told me today that he hadn't done a l-o-n-g run since the Leadville 100, so he felt really strong.

(What's a long run to an ultramarathoner? I need to ask that on Wednesday)

And as if nothing happened, he showed up for workout today and put me through my fat-ass paces. I only thought I was embarrassed by running a slow 5.05 miles over the weekend. Today, I was really embarrassed that I can even think tired after my coach did that yesterday and just seems his normal self today.

He did say his core was a little tight. His core is tight? Yeah, right. They'd still be scrapping my dead big-ass core off the 7.14 mile loop today if I tried that.

It's good to know my coach can run-the-run and not just talk-the-talk.

No comments: