Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sure It's Gross, But...


First, Justin had his cast removed after 3 WEEKS! Must be great to be 5 and heal that quick. The picture shows Justin's arm after the cast was removed. When the picture was taken, the three pins were still in his skin, through the muscle, and into the bone. The pins were pulled out with pliers. Justin, Jarrod, and I watched the pin pulling with open-mouthed awe.




Second, for those thinking about signing up and running a marathon, here is my shirt following Saturday's 12.2 mile long run. Yes, nipples bleed, and now I know why all the children were running away as I waved and ran past.

But, here's the important part. The pain of high-tech Dri-fit fabric rubbing nipples until they bleed is so much less than the pain everywhere else that I didn't notice I was bleeding until I saw the look on the boys' faces.

Why do you marathon?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh. That bloody after 12miles? This is frightful.

anji said...

That is... scary.