Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Wine Club - Caduceus Cellars

During my recent trips to Italy, I watched the documentary "Blood Into Wine" on the plane, and I tasted 30 or 40 Tuscan wines. My favorite wine during the trip was Torciano Bartolomeo, which is a sangiovese and cabernet sauvignon blend.

After returning from my first trip to Tuscany, I joined the Velvet Slippers Club at Caduceus Cellars, which is home to a relatively new winemaker, Maynard James Keenan. Maynard's also known as a singer/songwriter/co-founder of tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer.

Since joining the club, I've received the fall and winter wine shipments, and for my first Caduceus wine to taste, I selected the Nagual de la NAGA - 2008, which is a California sangiovese and cabernet blend. Admittedly, I'm only an ignorant consumer, and my knowledge of wine comes from the film "Sideways" and the documentary "Blood Into Wine", but I thought the NAGA was very good. The Torciano Bartolomeo remains my favorite, but I also received a bottle of Caduceus Nagual de la NAGA - 2007 that I can't wait to taste.

No comments: