Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Trot X 5

I'm really kind of proud of this. Today marked the 5th Thanksgiving in a row that I have completed my own personal turkey trot before Thanksgiving dinner.


I told Lexie last night that we would have to go to Life Time Fitness this morning because I still can't run (see It's Broke). After the doctor gave the Ok, I started out on an elliptical machine, and last week I began combining a stair climber with the elliptical machine.


When I was up and saw Lexie this morning, she asked when we were leaving for the trot, and I told her I didn't think we were going to go. I was trying to wimp out, but Lexie, at 6 years old, reminded me how important it was for me to keep the streak alive. I said, "Lexie, you're right," and off we went for Life Time Fitness.


For my personal turkey trot today, I complete 45 minutes on the stair climber and walked 0.5 miles. The picture below is after 45 minutes on the stair climber. I sweat profusely when I exercise, which means the looks I get in the gym aren't the "he's hot" kind of looks. More like the "is he Ok" kind of looks, or the common "ewww" look. Deborah loves me, but she still falls into the "ewww" look category.


Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments: