Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 8 - Hi-Ho!!!! Hi-Ho!!!!

Hi-ho, hi-ho. It's off to Estes Park we go...

We're heading for the mountains. Gonna get comfy in the house. Check out the hot tub. And run 6 miles.

Yeah, we're leaving early enough that I will get in 1, 2, or 3 acclimatization runs. Since PEDs are out of the question, acclimatization seems like the best idea for getting a PR improving performance finishing the 1/2 marathon. That's right. After realizing that reality is really staring me in the face, I no longer have ridiculous goals to fail and explain later. I just want to finish the 1/2 marathon and have fun.

I'll think of Deborah's boobs ;-) and run until I'm done. (Ya know this was Deborah's idea at the 2007 St. George marathon, and I ran a blazing 4:14:23. Them some really good boobs.)

Four years ago, it was so much different. First off, running didn't hurt as much. In the last four years, I've seen my healing processes slowed, which means I can't recover from hard workouts as fast.

Secondly, and more importantly, running has lost a little fun. In the old days, I followed Bold, Stronger, AJ, and several other bloggers with either running or triathlon posts. I miss them all (except Carrie, cause I still read your posts every day). The group of bloggers kept me motivated, and without question, helped me complete my first 1/2 marathon (2007 Horseshoe Half) and marathon (2007 Steamboat Marathon - Ugh). It was fun to follow others, which in turn pushed me to keep going.

I could find new running bloggers, but I don't want to. I miss you guys' words. But...Change is inevitable. The world is dynamic. People are dynamic, and I'm a damn different DrBubba now compared to 2007. In the words of a forum poster at 14er.com, "I'm fat and I'm slow and those are my good qualities." Pretty funny, but I hope Deborah doesn't agree too often.

Onwards to Estes Park.

I'll be live-blogging the run cause as slow as I'll be running, carrying an iphone and blogging shouldn't be a problem. Just kidding.

This week I completed the following.

Monday - 9.00 mile run
Tuesday - Cross-train - stairs & weights
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - 5.5 mile run
Friday - Cross-train - stairs & weights
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Rest

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Have a great run!