Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week 7 - Don't Be Eatin My Grilled Cheese

Miranda is my 15 year old stepdaughter, and she has been trying to teach me the new lingo. For example, "hell to the yeah" means really good or really hot, and "ultimate fail" means something really bad. She also explained "don't get up in my grill," which I think means don't get in my face.

Well, the next day, I was struggling to remember my teen cool lingo, and somehow "don't get up in my grill" morphed into "don't be eatin my grilled cheese." Miranda now believes that I'm terminally uncool, and she doesn't want me talking to her friends. DrBubba, ultimate fail.

It was a pretty good week. As I noted last week, I ran 8.03 miles on Monday, and I didn't do another long run until Memorial Day. Instead of the Bolder Boulder, I ran 9 miles on Memorial Day. The 9 mile run was much tougher on me than it should have been, but I think I'm ready for Estes Park.

This week I completed the following.

Monday - 8.03 mile run
Tuesday - Cross-train - stairs & weight training
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - 4.34 mile run
Friday - Cross-train - stairs & weight training
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Rest

The chart from my Memorial Day 9 miler is shown below. My Estes Park 1/2 marathon is less than 2 weeks away. Hell to the yeah.

No comments: