Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 4 - Happy Mother's Day Deborah

All running and working out is way secondary to celebrating Deborah on Mother's Day. We had all the kids over with a big feast and presents for Deborah, which I think she liked. Unfortunately, the male stripper canceled at the last minute, so I had to substitute a fresh big green cucumber that I bought at King Sooper's for a phallic tease. Dancing to Love Rollercoaster with a packed thong/jock strap is just not my forte.

Deborah received a necklace, bracelet, and sweet smelling lotions from the girls, and all of us gave her a bike rack for her new Ford Escape and chocolate. I gave her a 24K gold-dipped and a platinum-dipped Forever Rose. Very nice.

So on with Week 4 training...

First, I officially registered for the Estes Park half-marathon on 12 JUNE 2011. Yea!

This week the weather was nice, and I had a very good training week. I completed the following.

Monday - 4.56 mile run
Tuesday - Cross train - Stair climber & weights
Wednesday - 6.01 mile run
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Cross train - Stair climber & weights
Saturday - 8.16 mile run in 1:32:28

Saturday's long run was fantastic. Not that it was easy, but rather it was fantastic that I got my ass up and completed the run along my most difficult training course. The chart below shows the "big" hill that I have to climb, and I made it up the puppy, sucked down a gel, and cruised back home. Without an emergency potty break I might add. Yea, again.

For the first time since I started training for Estes Park, I feel confident that I'll be ready on 12 JUN.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Happy Mother's Day to Deborah! Cool to run in Estes this year...hopefully Deborah will feel better this time around :) No comment to the cucumber.