Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Craig's Square Life-Wheels


A bicycle on square wheels--on the correct surface, it's a perfectly smooth ride. (Note: It's Dr. Stan Wagon, Professor of Mathematics at Macalester College, on his bicycle.)

I'm thinking that my life is a bicycle with square wheels, but the riding surface isn't quite right.

The kids are happy, but the parents...not so much. And I don't know how to change it. One thing I know is that love is tough. Saying "I love you" isn't enough. Blogging about love isn't enough. Roses aren't enough. Taking care of kids isn't enough. Since I know what I've been doing for my love, I'm learning that it takes more.

More of what is the problem, that is, I can't seem to figure out the what.

None of what I've written makes much sense, does it?

Kinda the way I feel too.

This week was the first week of school, so the kids are now in only 2 schools--elementary and high school. It makes delivering kids to and from school much easier. Everyone seems to be happy with school so far.

I found a bunch of pictures from 2007 yesterday while I was looking for an old computer program that I'd written. Many were of Deborah and I when we first started dating, and I got to admit that I was smiling and laughing quite a bit looking through the pictures. It was before the fan got hit with sh*t though.

A little know bit of trivia. My name is David Paul Craig, and the names of the last three guys Deborah dated were Craig, Paul, and David. No reason for including that in the blog except that I remembered it yesterday and I thought it was cool.

I can't wait until it snows. I want to run in 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow and hear it crunch under my big shoes.

In the meantime, here's to a great week for all and a catenary surface for us.

No comments: