Monday, October 3, 2011

Notable Quotes

While reading last week, I came across a couple of quotes that I thought were note worthy. The first is attributed to Charles Newcomb, section manager for wind and water at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, and was published in the Boulder Daily Camera.

If you're going to invest millions of dollars in a (wind) turbine, it's not a great idea to put it in a location where there is no wind.
It seems that the people of Superior, Colorado have funded a wind turbine and the only remaining question is where to put it. They could put it near town where the townspeople can look at the wind turbine and feel good about themselves, except that there is no wind and the turbine won't generate electricity. Conversely, they could put it out on the eastern Colorado plains where they can't see it everyday, but there's lots of wind for the turbine to actually generate electricity. An epic dilemma for the little green people of Superior.

The second quote is attributed to Lauren Fleshman, 2012 5000m Olympic hopeful, and published in Runner's World (November 2011).
I cherish my days off. Every seven to 10 days, I sit on my butt and do nothing. I try to sync time off with my triathlete husband so we can blob-ify ourselves by watching movies and eating too much.
Now that's a training plan that I could sink me teeth into.

No comments: