Friday, June 20, 2008

Good Luck in CdA

Last year I thought that I was ready for an Ironman event. I registered for Ironman Coeur d'Alene with a bunch of other bloggers. Over the summer of 07, I learned that I can swim a very long way...very, very slowly. I got so frustrated that I quit. Hard to say, but true. I'm still running, but the 21 miles this week isn't the 140.6 miles I had planned to swim, bike, and run.

To all those competitors that are heading for CdA, I wish you the best. I've tried the training, and I know how hard it is to achieve iron fitness. Best of luck.

Meanwhile...Monday starts my 16 week training cycle for the Melbourne Marathon. I figured if I'm flying across the globe, I might as well plan a TRIP. As it stands now, I'm flying to Melbourne, running a marathon, flying to Adelaide, discussing technology with assorted wine tastings, flying to Sydney, looking around, flying to Papeete (Tahiti), and playing with the wife-to-be. So to speak.

No comments: