Saturday, June 28, 2008

Daddy Runs, Boys With Runs

There's a bug going around that hit the boys-one boy moreso than the other. It causes mild fever and diarrhea. Oh yeah. I thought they were over it, so I sent them back to summer camp on Thursday. During swim time, yes, swim time, the diarrhea hit Justin. He didn't soil the pool, but he didn't make it to the locker room either. So when dad picks them up, I have a double plastic-bagged treat of swimming trunks soaked with chlorinated water and shit. It's good to be a dad, and worth every second of shit.

Today marks 15 weeks to the Melbourne Marathon. I ran 23 miles this week with a long run of 6.5 miles. On schedule and not too much pain anywhere...yet. I also started to swim again this week. I'm slow, but I'm in the water.

No comments: