Monday, June 2, 2008

Tony Stewart Moment

The boys have electric John Deere Gators that they drive around the driveway, and I thought that I could get in a run along a carefully planned route with them driving in their Gators. Bicycles would be better, but I don't know if they could ride 6 miles without constant support. On the other hand, they can drive till the batteries die.

So on Friday, off we go. I run ahead, loop back, run ahead, loop back, etc. After about 4.5 miles Jarrod wants to pass Justin, but Justin keeps his Gator "wide." Being the NASCAR dad that I am, I told Jarrod that he has to stick his nose under Justin and keep his foot in the throttle, which he did.

Jarrod made the pass as Justin was spun into the grass. I'm jumping up and down while praising Jarrod for his driving, and I look back at Justin, who has crawled out of his Gator, kicking the tires, screaming, and whining about that other "blank" car.

It was like watching a NASCAR short-track race...and I felt proud.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I can picture the whole thing!