Sunday, June 22, 2008

Obvious Guilt Clouded My Mind

As previously posted, I was supposed to be competing at Ironman Coeur d'Arlene today, and I've thought about it off and on all day, that is, I thought, "what kind of loser registers and drops out of an Ironman event." Anyway, this kind decided to take the boys to Elitch Gardens to play in the water and theme parks today.

In the water park, I wore my Speedos that I began swimming in last year while I trained for IM CdA. After finishing the swim part of the day, we changed into theme park attire, which in my case consisted of shorts, athletic shirt, and...



Don't see it huh? Look at the shoes. One Asics, one New Balance.

Not one of my better moments, but since I'm a guy, I said, "what the _uck?" We stayed at the theme park for another 4 hours--me wearing two different shoes.

My wife-to-be and new daughters were probably glad they weren't there. Dad, no doubt, lost a little luster from his armor today.

No comments: