Saturday, April 2, 2011

It Sucks!

I (we) are the proud owners of my grandmother's Kirby Sanitronic Model 562, which was first built in 1962 and means that my vacuum cleaner is older than my wife. But it still sucks.
The vacuum cleaner, that is, still sucks. Anyway...
In September, my best man was at the house and saw Kirby 562, and commented that I was just like him holding on to a friendly vacuum and refusing to upgrade to something new. Uncle Tom told me that his wife, Jennifer, insisted on a new vacuum cleaner, so they upgraded to a new Dyson. Tom said you could actually see the carpet fibers being ripped from the floor and sucked into the Dyson when they started using it.
After thinking about how often Deborah's been sick, we realized that maybe, just maybe, the Kirby 562 wasn't sucking enough. So, we excitedly added an Electrolux Nimble vacuum to our family. It's almost like getting a new puppy.
Except it doesn't pee on the floor.

No comments: