Monday, April 11, 2011

My Melted M&Ms & Therapy

Deborah's birthday was last Tuesday. She got gifts, dance music, and a mirror ball.

I carefully plan Deborah's gifts every birthday, Valentine's day, Mother's day, and Christmas. A couple of weeks before her birthday, we were going through old clothes, and she found her pair of blue M&M boxer shorts. She held them close and said even though they had a hole in the butt, she was not getting rid of them. I took that as a hint to get her a new pair of M&M boxer shorts, so I bought the following...




A few nights after her birthday on a particularly warm evening, Deborah, while wearing her Peanut M&M boxers, and I were sitting in bed reading when Deborah said, "if it gets any hotter between my legs, I'm going to melt my M&Ms.


Therapy

Deborah and I decided awhile back that Justin and Jarrod need a little therapy to adjust to our blended family, so we found an excellent child psychologist to talk to the boys. Last Friday was the first session the doctor would actually meet and talk to the boys. So, I took them in and we started playing in the sandbox with the doctor. He asked what happened at home this week, and the boys said Deborah had a birthday. So the good doctor asked what they got for mom's birthday, and Justin loudly explained that, "we went to Victoria's Secret and got mom a thong and t-shirt."

I'm not sure how to describe the look the doctor gave me...

...enlightenment?, a breakthrough?...

I could only cough up, "yeah, but it was a conservative thong." It was downhill from there.

No comments: