Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week 2 - It Friggin Snowed

This week Justin didn't want to ride his bike as I ran, but Jarrod was up for it. Everything started well until we got to about 3 miles out when Jarrod said, "Daddy, it's snowing." After the turn around, it started snowing even harder. Much harder. And Jarrod is riding behind me hoping I can block some of the wind.

After a few more minutes, I hear Jarrod starting to whimper and stating, "Daddy, I'm cold." So, while continuing to run, I stripped off my long sleeve shirt and threw it to Jarrod. At least with my shirt he warmed a little while we finished the run. This was one time when I probably shouldn't have taken Jarrod along, but really, who was expecting snow in late April? Other than those people on the trail in winter gear.

One guy past me and said, "Great job." I'd like to believe he saw my big ass and was offering encouragement. On the other hand, he was probably being sarcastic because I was running so slow.

This week I did the following.

Monday  - Ran 4.54 miles
Tuesday  - Cross train 42 minutes Stair climber and weights
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Ran 4.55 miles
Friday - Cross train 45 minutes stair climber and weights
Saturday - Ran 6.31 miles in 1:11:27 (11:19/mile) - Chart below.

No comments: